Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It has finally arrived!



By: Lindsay Tatum

Lindsay has completed her first year of study at the University of Georgia School of Law and is one of three students participating in the 2012 pilot of the InteRDom Correspondent Program. She is participating in the 2012 10-week Graduate and Gap Year Program.

The moment I have been waiting for! This most wonderful opportunity! And I am soooo EXCITED! My trip to the Dominican Republic is so close I can taste the mangu and smell the platanos cooking! As many of you may know, this summer I will be in the Dominican Republic completing my first legal internship.

I will be interning in the legal department of a leading insurance company, which is part of a large economic conglomerate that comprises banks, insurance and other companies. The insurance company prides itself in being able to provide its clients with the best and most innovative insurance coverage. It does this by means of a talented and highly-committed personnel.

Anywho, while working for the insurance company, myself, J, and A (yes, that's right.... a new character to the story.... the plot thickens!) will be working with the legal department. A few of our responsibilities will include compiling the main Dominican laws associated with the insurance industry and assisting with preparing a dictionary of legal terms that are frequently utilized in the insurance sector.

But, do not fear.... while I will be working very hard this summer, I DO NOT intend to forget that I am in the Dominican Republic! In my free time I plan on travelling, tasting all of the amazing and fresh foods the island has to offer, taking a few cooking classes, and dance classes as well. All of this I plan on doing while taking as many pictures as possible and posting them to my personal blog!!!

I think I've bombarded you all with enough for now... but, I will leave you with something rather exciting! My new life-size suitcase! Not just any regular suitcase, this one expands up to three sizes of a regular suitcase. I fully plan on packing my ENTIRE life in for the summer.... hey... maybe I'll have enough space to fit one of you!

Well..... here's to hoping anyways!

Until later......

No comments: